Broken Sword 2.5 in French

Allgemeine oder spezielle Fragen zum Projekt.
Broken Sword 2.5: General or specific questions.

Broken Sword 2.5 in French

Postby Ruhlmannpoule » 1. June 2008, 15:01

Hello!

First, I wanna thank you for the wonderful work you have done. I love BS 1 & 2, and the 2.5 version is like a dream achieving! If i could kiss you, I would do it immediatly :)

In a second time, I learnt that the versions will be out in German or English. But for French players... Frustration!^^
That's why I propose myself in order to translate the game in French. I really don't have technical competencies (I don't know how I will write the texts in the game, but I'm sure you could explain it) but I've a dictionnary, time and will. Moreover, I work quite fast... I can help you translating the website too!

I would be very satisfied if i could help you to translate the game in French. And if there are French fans who wanna translate voices, I can rent my wonderful voice :) "Avis aux amateurs!"
And if you need a French accent for Christophe, I would be honoured to help you!

Hoping that my proposition will be heard,

Cheers! :x

Maxence.
Ruhlmannpoule

Played Broken Sword games: 2

Re: Broken Sword 2.5 in French

Postby Julius » 15. June 2008, 11:55

Salut,

Pourrais-tu me contacter par mail stp ? Nous avons déjà lancé ce projet et je pense qu'il serait assez sympa que tu te joignes à nous. Je peux t'expliquer ce que nous avons déjà fait et comment nous comptons nous y prendre :)

Mon adresse mail : julien (point) willem (at) gmail (point) com
Jabber : julius (at) jabber.belnet.be
MSN : jujulevrai (at) hotmail (point) com

For the non-french speaking guys, I just told him that we have the same project and that we can speak about it together to see how we can join our efforts :)
Julius

Postby sabrina » 5. September 2008, 18:34

Hi everybody!

I know it's late but if you need any help with the french translation and if i might be of any help. I 'll be happy to give you a hand either with the translation or the voices ( i was thinking about a femine character of course ;-)

just let me know on this forum and we'll see what we can do!

In any case, I just wanted to congratulate and thank you for all the good work you've done so far!

Best wishes for the rest of it.

Sabrina.
sabrina

Postby daJoe » 6. September 2008, 14:54

not late at all, just send tooms a pn with ur email and further infos
daJoe
Johannes Reim
Johannes Reim

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2 3

Postby sabrina » 15. September 2008, 14:54

sorry, i couldn't answer as i was abroad for a few days...

Here is my email adress:
neva72@hotmail.fr

I am currently a student in translation in Dublin (ireland) and work as a complimentary english/french/spanish translator in my spare time.

I can translate mainly from the english version (or subtitle),( because my german has turned a bit rusty since i left france...)

If you send me an email we could start working on the project together as soon as possible.

(send me a mail before adding me to your msm contact because i tend not to accept stranger on my msn contact list [smilie=angle.gif] )

thanks.

sabrina.
sabrina

Postby daJoe » 15. September 2008, 14:57

i think he will contact u in 13 days and send u the english version, i will remind him of that
daJoe
Johannes Reim
Johannes Reim

Postby sabrina » 15. September 2008, 17:27

hi,
Ok that's great ! I am really happy to be of any help to you!
sabrina

Postby 404error » 29. September 2008, 13:14

Yop guys,

I've got a little bit of experience in video games translation (as a professional), and as a massive fan of the first two episodes I'd really like to help you with your project.

So if you're still looking for people to help translating the French version, just send a message.

Cheers.
404error

Played Broken Sword games: 1+2

Postby Sparck » 29. September 2008, 13:26

Thank you very much , I love baphomet ^^, I am waiting the 2.5 french with impatience !!!
Sparck

Postby sabrina » 1. October 2008, 11:55

Hi again everybody,

I just finished the game! Good job !!

In what concern the translation, I have no idea of what has been done so far...
I sent my contact number to "Tooms" but had no answer since... so if you could just remind him...

I look foward working with you
Do not hesitate contacting me at:
neva72@hotmail.fr

Thanks.

Sabrina.
sabrina

Played Broken Sword games: all

Postby Tooms » 1. October 2008, 12:30

I haven't forgotten you. All internationals mail will be out tomorrow.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Postby Reaper » 4. October 2008, 23:11

Hello !

If you are still looking for people to translate from english to french, i can be part of the project.

I also know someone who would be okay to make some french voice, but I have no idea if you are looking for some or not;

Anyway, you did a really good job with that game, thanks !.

Reap
Reaper

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2

Postby nfl_shadow » 5. October 2008, 14:46

Can you tell us what is the progress of this translation ?
nfl_shadow

Played Broken Sword games: 2

Postby Fostus » 7. October 2008, 13:35

Yop! If you're still looking for people for french translation, you can think about me ;)
Fostus
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 4

Postby Reaper » 8. October 2008, 19:33

no answers ? [smilie=blink1.gif]
Reaper

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2

Postby DothyTrunks » 13. October 2008, 19:11

Hello

As I said in another topic, i would be also honoured to be a part of it.
I am french mother tongued and bilingual english (and the possibility to do american, and brittish pronounciations if you wish ^^=) I will try to contact the team as said above but in any case, please do not hesitate to contact me
dothy@dothy.net

Ce jeu mérite une doublure française aussi donc si c'est au programme, je serais ravie d'en faire partie et mon meilleur ami est acteur de doublage (il fait actuellement la voix de stitch dans l'attraction à Disneyland Paris) donc pour une voix masculine (et il parle aussi anglais couramment avec un très bel accent) je peux fournir aussi ^^

(To all the non-french speakings, I just said that this game deserves a french version and that i would be delighted to be a part of it, ^^ and that I also have a friend that could help ^^)

Please contact me so far ^^
I'll put a link to the website also on my website as soon as I find 5minutes to do so ^^
DothyTrunks
Knappe

Postby clochar » 13. November 2008, 02:12

hello,
I have written ( in french language) a solution of the game and a presentation. If anybody want one of these items I can send it.

J'ai écrit en français la soluce et une présentation du jeu. Si quelqu'un la désire, je peux l'envoyer.

je suis aussi prêt à participer à la traduc si nécessaire; j'ai l'habitude.
clochar
Knappe

Postby spidestone77 » 15. November 2008, 18:48

Je ne suis pas des plus doués pour la traduction, je suis donc venu dire un grand merci aux personnes qui mettent tout en œuvre pour avoir ce jeu en version française. Merci d'avance [smilie=thumbup.gif]

Et bien sur un remerciement du fond du cœur a la team Mindfactory de cette version 2.5 de broken sword digne des deux premiers opus. Quel bel hommage ! Je serais les gars de revolution je crois que serais fier de voir l'intérêt que porte les gens à l'univers de broken sword une décennie après.

Pour ta solution en français, clochar, c'est une grande idée, je suis fort intéressé.

Thanks a lot for this game guys, it's like a dream come true.
In one word RESPECT [smilie=thumbup.gif]
spidestone77

Played Broken Sword games: 1234

Postby anachoret » 21. November 2008, 20:38

Salut à tous et toutes. Je suis de tout coeur avec vous concernant vos travaux sur la traduction de cet épisode et bravo aux gars qui l'ont créé....belle initiative.
N'y a t'il pas un fichier texte ou ini regroupant tous les dialogues? Dsl mais je ne l'ai pas installé depuis que je sais que le français n'est pas encore dispo....
Merci.
A bientôt.

Hello all. I'd like to thank you for your job...very pleasant and nice making this Broken sword event...and thanks to all people ready and able to contribute to the french translation.
Cya and go on.

Oh and nice website too^^
anachoret

Played Broken Sword games: 1 et 2

Postby DothyTrunks » 22. November 2008, 10:30

Bonjour,

j'ai pour ma part envoyé ma "candidature" par email à toutes les adresses ci-dessus indiquées, mais n'aie à ce jour reçu aucune réponse. je peux transférer à nouveaux les dits emails, si non reçus. En espérant que le projet n'a pas été abandonné,

bien cordialement,

Dothy.
dothy@dothy.net
DothyTrunks
Knappe

Next

Return to Baphomets Fluch 2.5