what is this game?

Allgemeine oder spezielle Fragen zum Projekt.
Broken Sword 2.5: General or specific questions.

what is this game?

Postby broken_sword » 7. July 2008, 04:08

First off let me start by saying I am huge fan of the broken sword series. But I have never heard anything about a broken sword 2.5 game.

Keep in mind I have only played the first 2 games and just found out about the 4th game just recently.

My questions are, is broken sword: the sleeping dragon playable in the US. And what exactly is this broken sword 2.5?

Thank you very much!

From a longtime fan from the very beginning.

Long live George Stobbart!
broken_sword

Played Broken Sword games: 1 and 2

Re: what is this game?

Postby Domino » 7. July 2008, 11:50

Hey,

well, firstly, as you might have noticed, we aren't the original developers of the broken sword series. Broken Sword 2.5 is an unofficial fan game. It's absolutely uncommercial and therefore will not be sold. However, you will be able to download it for free. What's more, this game has already been developed for quite long and that's because the whole team (which has also changed over the years) is working for free.
I guess that's all I can say about the project in general. If you have any more questions, go on and ask. BTW, we've got the permission to make this game from the Revolutions but aren't them :) So, I don't know any particular info about the sales of the original games (you asked smth about BS3). You should go to the Revolutions' website and inquire there.
Domino
Sarunas Ledas
Sarunas Ledas

Postby broken_sword » 7. July 2008, 22:40

Oh wow...I was just wondering because I just stumbled across this game and I was a little shocked... I can't wait to play it. Huge Broken Sword fan here from the United States...

If I had to buy the game to download online I wouldn't be able to for awhile at least so it's great that it's for free.

I think it's so cool these people are working on the game for free. I would too!

Tell me... is Rolf Saxon doing the voice work for George for us Americans??? Or is there even english voice work for the game?

He does such an amazing job doing George for us it just wouldn't be the same hearing another voice...

Thank you again.
broken_sword

Postby Domino » 7. July 2008, 22:58

Well, there will firstly be a german version, since most of the team is german. But we're already working on the english voices, so I'm hoping we can release it soon after the german one.
Now, about Rolf Saxon. There still are some issues, but we're in contact with him, so hopefully he will help us.
Domino
Sarunas Ledas
Sarunas Ledas

Postby broken_sword » 8. July 2008, 00:01

Thank you!

I am eagerly looking forward to playing this game!
broken_sword

Postby broken_sword » 8. July 2008, 19:19

I played the demo yesterday and it was great. It was really hard to concentrate on the story because well it was a demo and missing the parts that led up to that point.

Plus not being able hear english voices and only hearing german voices really offset me.

But it is understandable if you are unable to get Rolf Saxon on board. And it is even understandable if you are unable to get an english version.

I will still enjoy the game...
broken_sword

Postby c_byran » 13. July 2008, 20:23

Yes I agree Rolf Saxton would make the game more enjoyable. Because we'll recognize his voice. It just makes plain sense. But when you release the game will you release a version without German voices and English text? Thanks.

c_byran
c_byran
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Postby Tooms » 13. July 2008, 21:45

You will be able to turn off the voices and just show your prefered subtitles.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Postby broken_sword » 26. July 2008, 04:54

wait a tick here...

what's this intel we have floating around here...

you guys have rolf saxon on board with this game!?!?!?
broken_sword

Postby Domino » 27. July 2008, 11:40

I have previously said that he will probably voice George. However, because of some issues, he will not be able to voice the whole role (maybe a part, though). But we will do our best with the english version, so don't worry :)
Domino
Sarunas Ledas
Sarunas Ledas

Postby broken_sword » 30. July 2008, 03:24

hmm...and what are these issues exactly?

thank you
broken_sword

Postby coal-goat » 30. July 2008, 19:08

broken_sword wrote:hmm...and what are these issues exactly?

thank you

Domino wrote:Well, firstly, about Rolf Saxon. He was really motivated to voice our game, but after thinking for a while, he stated a couple of reasonable arguments, why he won't do it. The main argument is that if he voices our game, it will be even more similar to the originals. According to him, this could not only be wrong for the Revolutions, but for us, as well. Why? Probably because many people would think that the game was made by the original creators and we, as a team, would fade into darkness ;) You can disagree, but I suppose this is quite true. What's more, some guy/actor will have a good opportunity to be noticed :)
coal-goat

Postby broken_sword » 31. July 2008, 02:11

wow..I agree..to a certain extent. It is a game made by fans. Which could throw off players if Rolf was to voice George. But they also could realize that it's a broken sword game... That Rolf has voiced George in EVERY one.

But..it being made by fans does make a difference.

I'm saddened, but hopefully they will find someone with a close enough voice, who also has skill.
broken_sword

Postby lee214 » 12. August 2008, 04:44

I can see Rolf's points but the essence of this project is to invigorate adventure fans by revisting one of the greatest point n click series with its loveable hero - Rolf is the man whose voice we all love and know, I sincerely hope he hops on board
lee214

Played Broken Sword games: 4

Return to Baphomets Fluch 2.5