English voice pack will be released in October

Meinungen zu unseren News.
Comments to our News: Feedback to our news.

English voice pack will be released in October

Postby Tooms » 29. September 2010, 00:19

Right. We finally did it. All voices are recorded and all files are already cut, just some of them need final adjustments. Saying this we can also announce a release day which will be the 18th October. Today is our game's second birthday, so we hope this is a little birthday present from the mindFactory team to all non German fans out there. Just in case you didn't know: our game includes subtitles in various languages including the one's mentioned in the news entry below. On 18th October we also add French to that list. So stay tuned and spread the word!
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Re: English voice pack will be released in October

Postby Jingo » 29. September 2010, 01:56

ALRIGHT!!!! [smilie=icon_cheesygrin.gif]

Count me in to spread the word big time and also, a great THANK YOU for all this, broken sword is my favourite game, so many good memories!

Cant wait to play this one.

Hope you can also work on another type of games, cause your tallented and its a shame such talent is locked just for one game!

I suggest to my fellow gamers were at the forum to start a donation for this guys, cause they diserve it, the applause you already have!

Take care!
Jingo

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2 3 4

Postby Gianan » 1. October 2010, 14:24

Great news!! [smilie=wohow.gif]

Thank you a lot guys, I can't wait to play it [smilie=thumbup.gif]
Gianan

Postby mut2nt » 6. October 2010, 22:25

Nice :X , i can't wait :X ! I will post it on my forum :P
mut2nt

Played Broken Sword games: ALL

Postby kirpeace » 18. October 2010, 17:53

its already oct 18 in my country pls when will the eng voice come?
kirpeace

Played Broken Sword games: 3

Postby Tooms » 18. October 2010, 21:11

We need one more week.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Postby chas » 18. October 2010, 22:36

[smilie=oops.gif] Any time now, see an avalanche of whining, wingeing, grizzling, gnashing of teeth, sobbing comments. Oh well, what's another week ... or maybe two!
chas
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Postby coal-goat » 18. October 2010, 22:56

Tooms wrote:We need one more week.

this is bloody pathetic now guys! the excuses have been used for way too long, especially the one saying "its a free game.." etc etc.

to make such a great game is one thing, but to keep the english fans waiting month after month, year after year is beyond a joke, i can not believe how unprofessional you guys are.

a few weeks ago you said that october 18th is the day, and then you wait until the last few hours of that day to say "we need one more week" PATHETIC !!

a big f*** you to everyone involved in yet another delay !

[smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif]
coal-goat

Played Broken Sword games: 12342.5

Postby The Talking Goat » 19. October 2010, 06:40

What a surprise, I didn't see that coming *sarcasm*..... I already said something would go wrong didn't I? viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3101

Seriously, STOP ANNOUNCING DATES, it's just annoying people, if the stuff is finished (which we have been told, it is) then get it out. If it isn't finished, then don't say dates, just get on with finishing it.

Every date you have set so far has been wrong, point proven so far I feel. Sadly.
[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2548/talkinggoat.jpg[/img]
The Talking Goat
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: All 6

Postby Domino » 19. October 2010, 10:42

Hello,

the only excuse before was that we haven't got enough time to work on the voices (which is a normal excuse, because it's our spare-time project). And we hadn't set any particular dates for the voices before. So, I don't think that we deserve all this crap that you are spilling, while speaking about before..

Now, speaking about this release date, we had set it because we wanted to finish the voices at last (so that all of you and all of us could finally be happy and peaceful), and having a deadline usually helps. Also, it was the 28th of September, which is a special date for us, because our game was released on the 28th of September, therefore we wanted to make something like a birthday present on that day (that is why we had set the date before we had the pack done). So, anyway, until this day, we've done most of the work (I mean, really, most of the work), but the guy, who had to finalize and prepare the pack got sick (which, in my opinion, is a fair reason. It's not like saying "we were too lazy" or "too tired" or something like that), so the work fell behind for a couple of days (and that's why we're late. Also, the guy tried to do his best until the last minute, so we couldn't say that we're late until it became a fact). Since the guy has a conference he needs to attend this week, he is hoping to finish everything by the end of the week.

All in all, I'm not saying that it's OK to be late or anything. I'm just explaining the reasons. Also, I would like to apologize and thank you very very much for sticking to our project (even if you're all mad right now, but you are still here, which is amazing and inspiring).
Domino
Sarunas Ledas
Sarunas Ledas

Postby Jingo » 19. October 2010, 12:01

Give it a break guys, you know its hard work, the only way i could understand about this complains its because someone here at the forum from the producers, told that they didnt know when was coming out, but when it was finished, they would put a date and it would come out, and that was a promisse!

I believe you guys, please make it quick, people are mad, but thats a good sign, its a sign they love the game and wanna play it, and i never saw this on a fan game ever! [smilie=angle.gif]
Jingo

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2 3 4

Postby Biker » 19. October 2010, 13:00

Who the hell do you people think you are shouting your mouths off at the game developers, so they missed another date, big deal, the project started in 2000 so what's another week, many professional game developers miss deadlines, it's nothing new and only to be expected and you seem to forget your getting a great game for free!

I have resisted playing the game and waited like many people for the English voice pack but those that have played the game including a friend of mine have all said it's an excellent game and a monumental effort for a fan game, I am amazed the game has been completed at all when you consider how many fan based games, films, books etc, are promised and never even get started let alone get finished and I wonder if the game had been made by English fans if they would have persevered for so long to make a German voice pack for the game!

You sound like the type of morons who pirate games and then complain because the game is not as good as you think it should be when if you had bought the games the developers would have the money to produce better games in the future, games cost a lot to produce and we are getting a free one, SO SHUT THE f*** UP!

No one is forcing you to download this game for free and if you think in some twisted way that your being ripped off by having to wait for a game which many people have worked extremely hard on for years then just piss off and grow up, in the real world very little that is truly free is worth having but this game seems the exception.

To the developers I say "Ignore the ignorant small minded morons who shout their mouths off they will never know the satisfaction of achieving what you have all done, your real fans will wait and you will get the credit and recognition you all deserve for your work especially when the game hits Usenet and the torrent sites and goes global!". [smilie=coolp.gif]
Biker

Played Broken Sword games: 1-2-3-4

Postby garyw » 20. October 2010, 21:54

I cant wait! Good luck guys and hope it all goes well this time!
garyw

Played Broken Sword games: All

Postby Gianan » 24. October 2010, 15:23

coal-goat wrote:
Tooms wrote:We need one more week.

this is bloody pathetic now guys! the excuses have been used for way too long, especially the one saying "its a free game.." etc etc.
to make such a great game is one thing, but to keep the english fans waiting month after month, year after year is beyond a joke, i can not believe how unprofessional you guys are.
a few weeks ago you said that october 18th is the day, and then you wait until the last few hours of that day to say "we need one more week" PATHETIC !!
a big f*** you to everyone involved in yet another delay !
[smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif] [smilie=censored.gif]

...........you should be banned. not from internet, from life
Gianan

Postby blablabla » 25. October 2010, 13:44

So it's today :D ? [smilie=ziped.gif]
blablabla
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 4

Postby Daniel Queteschiner » 25. October 2010, 16:25

It will be available later this evening.
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Postby dpolsrod » 25. October 2010, 17:09

That's great Daniel. [smilie=thumbup.gif]
I'm looking forward to playing the game with English voices.
I've held off playing the game until this pack comes out.
You guys have done an awesome service to us fans and have taken a lot of crap from a few forum members which I think is sad.
Thanks again. [smilie=thanks.gif]
dpolsrod

Played Broken Sword games: All

Postby Tooms » 25. October 2010, 22:21

Our patch adds English voices and French subtitles. The first patch is included as well, what adds several subtitles like Spanish, Italian, Polish, Croatian, Portuguese and Russian.

We update our front page in a couple of minutes as well.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Postby kirpeace » 26. October 2010, 17:19

thank you downloading eng language patch now
kirpeace

Played Broken Sword games: 3

Postby Biker » 26. October 2010, 22:07

kirpeace wrote:thank you downloading eng language patch now

Is there a link for the English pack or is it bundled with the game now, I can't find any new links for downloads?

A huge thank you to all the BS 2.5 team for taking the time and effort and producing an English voice pack, if there are any awards for fan games you guys should get them all! [smilie=coolp.gif]
Biker

Played Broken Sword games: 1-2-3-4

Next

Return to News-Kommentare