bug: chapter reset after Dr. Blackter

Euch nerven Bugs? Das Spiel will nicht starten? Hier gibt es Hilfe von Spielern und vom Team.
Technical Help: You've found bugs? The game doesn't start? Get help from players and the team.

bug: chapter reset after Dr. Blackter

Postby Bossi » 30. September 2008, 18:24

There's a bug (that seems to lead the game into a dead end): After talking to Dr. Blackter (brace doesn't matter) I go back to the Paris map. Now, if I directly go to Nico's apartment the chapter (after coming back from England, the pub/chemists') gets reset. With that I mean the splash screen shows up (meanwhile in Nico's apartment...) when entering the house, Nico's back in her apartment, starts talking all over again (her uncle, the Templars etc.) and on the map all links are reset to the state they were after that sequence with Nico was originally finished (airport links shows up etc.).

That means I can go back to England again and, which is really weird, walk to that house where Khan and George were imprisoned... AS GEORGE. Watching myself looking through that window... pretty scary that was! :p

Anyone else experienced this bug? Guess it has been released earlier in the game, if you need more details I'll try to think back... you can also have savegames, got some.

Sorry dudes I know how hard you worked on this and now we still come up with more things that want to be addressed. But... just trying to help you make it perfect :)

Cheers ~
3D/VFX artist/modeler
http://www.isotoxin.de
Bossi
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Re: bug: chapter reset after Dr. Blackter

Postby Bossi » 1. October 2008, 11:36

I think I tracked down the source of the problem: In the cellars of the library in England where George has to find the right combination for the fuse box to switch off the power he can pick up the football t-shirt on the shelve. He _CAN_ but doesn't necessarily have to, that's what happened to me: I didn't pick it up. I'm pretty sure it must have something to do with that since I exactly replayed the game, picked up the shirt this time and the bug does not appear anymore, gameplay continues and does not jump back to the cutscene where Nico reveals the background stories to george (which originally happens just before Georges flies to England, just after having visited the hotel Ubu).

Hope that helps, good luck fixing the scripts :>
3D/VFX artist/modeler
Bossi
Knappe

Postby averrod » 1. October 2008, 12:42

Out of curiosity I tried to reproduce this bug and I wasn't able to (By not picking up the red shirt). There might still be some other reason.
Last edited by averrod on 1. October 2008, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
averrod
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Postby Bossi » 1. October 2008, 15:32

Hm oh well, can be anything then. I'll replay it and try to think of anything I did in any order etc. ... but might actually be simpler to check the code for any inconsistency.
I'll give it a try.
If the BS2.5 team reads this and you guys want a savegame to analyze it let me know as I said before.
3D/VFX artist/modeler
Bossi
Knappe

Postby miracle2k » 1. October 2008, 17:13

Bossi wrote:If the BS2.5 team reads this and you guys want a savegame to analyze it let me know as I said before.

It certainly couldn't hurt ;) Try sending it to michael@elsdoerfer.com.
miracle2k
Michael Elsdörfer
Michael Elsdörfer

Postby Bossi » 2. October 2008, 08:47

I'd love to do that if I just knew where the savegames are located? Thought they were in the installation folder but doesn't seem so...
3D/VFX artist/modeler
Bossi
Knappe

Postby Neo » 2. October 2008, 11:09

Just type
%APPDATA%\Broken Sword 2.5
in your windows explorer window
Gruß
Neo