A few game problems (English)

Euch nerven Bugs? Das Spiel will nicht starten? Hier gibt es Hilfe von Spielern und vom Team.
Technical Help: You've found bugs? The game doesn't start? Get help from players and the team.

A few game problems (English)

Postby The Talking Goat » 9. August 2010, 23:44

Hi there,
First of all, thanks for this game, it's amazing! Very like the original 2 Broken Sword titles (the best two in my opinion, going 3-D was a bad idea, but they were O.K. too). This is the best fan made anything I have ever gotten :D

So on to my problems:
1) I remember when I played this a fairly long while ago, when you looked at the chocolate in your inventory, an error came up instead of the actual description, was that fixed in the language patch?

2) I can't actually play this game on my new laptop, when I go to play it (un-patched) something black flashes up really quickly, then disappears.
When I install the patch (I can only assume I did it properly.... I'm not very good at doing computer stuff) a message now flashes up saying the following:
"This application has failed to start because fmodex.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".
[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2548/talkinggoat.jpg[/img]
The Talking Goat
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: All 6

Re: A few game problems (English)

Postby The Talking Goat » 29. October 2010, 15:50

Um..... anyone? [smilie=blink1.gif]

This is SO annoying, why won't it work?
[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2548/talkinggoat.jpg[/img]
The Talking Goat
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: All 6

Re: A few game problems (English)

Postby Daniel Queteschiner » 29. October 2010, 19:31

The Talking Goat wrote:1) I remember when I played this a fairly long while ago, when you looked at the chocolate in your inventory, an error came up instead of the actual description, was that fixed in the language patch?

Yes, this was fixed with the patch.

The Talking Goat wrote:2) I can't actually play this game on my new laptop, when I go to play it (un-patched) something black flashes up really quickly, then disappears.
When I install the patch (I can only assume I did it properly.... I'm not very good at doing computer stuff) a message now flashes up saying the following:
"This application has failed to start because fmodex.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

To install the patch you just need to extract the zip file to the directory you installed BS 2.5 to (typically C:\Program Files\Broken Sword 2.5) and overwrite the existing files. It's rather strange that the application can't find the fmodex.dll after applying the patch, it's one of the files included. Maybe your download was corrupt?
Other than that I can only refer you to this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2803
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Return to Technische Hilfe