English Patch not working

Euch nerven Bugs? Das Spiel will nicht starten? Hier gibt es Hilfe von Spielern und vom Team.
Technical Help: You've found bugs? The game doesn't start? Get help from players and the team.

English Patch not working

Postby michaeljd500 » 12. December 2010, 17:15

Hi I'm new to this site and was amazed to find there was a whole game being made by fans of the great series and came in at the last minute when everything was complete, and I'm having a bit of an issue with the English patch, it wont load in, I've extracted the files into the BS2.5 file, and now what? I start the game and it's still in German, I've tried reinstalling the game and the patch but it still doesn't work, I read the comment from the creator to overwrite the files but I really don't know enough about this kinda thing and it's just not working for me. [smilie=blink1.gif]

The games running perfect by the way, and looks great from what I've seen. Can anyone please help? I really wanna play this game.

Thanks in advance. [smilie=thumbup.gif]

Mike
michaeljd500

Played Broken Sword games: 1-4

Re: English Patch not working

Postby Daniel Queteschiner » 13. December 2010, 09:28

You do realize that you have to select the language in the in-game options ("Optionen" in german) menu, do you?
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner

Postby michaeljd500 » 13. December 2010, 20:44

Yes I've done that and put it to English, it is still in German. The language file has been copied into the file that holds the game, and still not working. Am I the only one?

Sorry to bother you, I know you guys have been getting a hard time in making this game, I don't want to add to that. If it doesn't work I will just use it in German.

Mike
michaeljd500

Postby michaeljd500 » 15. December 2010, 12:02

Nevermind I managed! [smilie=google.gif]
michaeljd500

Postby Daniel Queteschiner » 15. December 2010, 16:30

Please, tell us how you fixed the issue just in case others may encounter the same problem.
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner
Daniel Queteschiner

Postby michaeljd500 » 15. December 2010, 17:29

after downloading the full game and the patch, i copied the English Language file from the patch as well as fmodex.dll and bsengine, overwrite them into the folder that contains all Broken Sword files after copying them into the folder, and that should do it. I had to download the game again, and the patch and installed it this way, its working fine now and I'm enjoying the game.
michaeljd500

Return to Technische Hilfe