Sunny greetings and a demo

Meinungen zu unseren News.
Comments to our News: Feedback to our news.

Sunny greetings and a demo

Postby kat » 13. September 2006, 13:41

Awsome demo folks the graphics look great, can't wait for the full thing:)
kat
Knappe

Postby NuLL » 14. September 2006, 15:12

Excellent Job.
Can't wait for full version.
Keep up the great work.
NuLL

Postby SleepingDragon » 16. September 2006, 16:35

And how did you like the german voices? or did you play without the voices?

@ the english players
SleepingDragon
Knappe

Postby kat » 18. September 2006, 13:44

And how did you like the german voices? or did you play without the voices?

@ the english players

I downloaded the version with voice but only music and text would work on my laptop so I don't know what voice was like *shrugs*
kat
Knappe

Postby Tooms » 18. September 2006, 16:07

Sorry, it's a bit confusing. We have problems with the English version, so they don't have voices. There will be an update soon.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Now that's what I call Broken Sword!

Postby verginsteel » 20. September 2006, 08:04

Congratulations!!! I played the demo and it was great! Like good-old Broken Sword . Keep up the good work guys, [smilie=coolp.gif] , and please finish it as soon as possible. I hope that vocals in the final version will be not only in the timegerman,because I don't know the language,and I haven't got time to study [smilie=book.gif] . Anyway, I think that it will be better than broken sword 3 or 4( by the way, bs4 gets 6/10- so I've seen in the internet)
verginsteel

Re: Now that's what I call Broken Sword!

Postby SleepingDragon » 26. September 2006, 16:41

verginsteel wrote:I hope that vocals in the final version will be not only in the timegerman,because I don't know the language,and I haven't got time to study [smilie=book.gif] .

hmm i think the german voice of goerge is much more better and professional than the english voice though ;P

and for the translation you have the subtitles, i think its better than without any voice. we germans have to play often with english voice and german subtitles and we dont complain about that ;D but it seems like that english and US people are unable to speak and understand any other language than english... Pisa study yeah yeah... and we are at the last places behind the USA ;P

but the pisa study has spoken ;S
SleepingDragon
Knappe

Postby verginsteel » 27. September 2006, 15:29

I am neither english nor american - I am Greek! [smilie=coolp.gif] And I wanted to say that there should be 2 versions of the game, one in english - most of the european people speak english- and one in german.
verginsteel

Postby SleepingDragon » 27. September 2006, 20:20

this is true .. but it was hard enough for the producers of MindFactory to get all original voices of the german version of BS . Maybe an other fan project can start a project for synchrosizing the game in english... and maybe frensh and so on.

i think its comprehensible that the producers wanted to have the voices which they knew from BS , BS2 and BS3, i hope you can understand this... and i think this is a little compromise to the long producing time.

it should be much easier for english people to get a connection to the english voice actors, and i dont think that they want to travel to germany for synchrosizing the game..and this for free .
...or maybe we will see BS 2.5 placed on a bonus CD of BS5 in the near future*lol* with all original english actors.

but i think the english fans can also do this if they want to. it was a miracle that MindFactory got (mostly) all original german voice actors for free. (Nico was just not the original voice)
SleepingDragon
Knappe

Postby verginsteel » 28. September 2006, 12:53

I don't mind if George speaks english with a german accent, can't the actors - or anyone else connected to the project- read the script [smilie=book.gif] in english? I didn't say anything about english actors. Although I cant imagine anyone playing George Stobbart than Rolf Saxon.
verginsteel

Postby krasas » 28. September 2006, 18:30

It was a very VERY nice implemented demo. I have little knowledge of the german language, but I didnt mind it... The acting sounded good and the subtitles were nice synched so... ok overall.
Also great work recreating the whole feel of the classics 1 and 2 !

Some remarks...
1) By clicking quickly left and right -click on the same item, i got george to speak simultaneously over himself...
2) the pub owner being so world traveller and know-all kind of guy was a bit weird.
3) I pressed Esc and the whole thing closed, and I was back to dektop without any warning.

Again. other than that, very good work guys! Keep it up!
krasas

Postby Tooms » 28. September 2006, 22:10

Thank you so much for all your comments! We really appreciate that. We already know the left/right click bug and are going to fix it! The final game will have a game menu, so you will see that menu before the game quits. Sorry that this is not implemented in the demo yet.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Wow!!! Congratz!!!

Postby Andre » 29. September 2006, 17:06

What you did guys is extraordinary. Bravo! [smilie=coolp.gif]
I'm a Big BS fan for a long time , I did visit this page occassionaly but
after playing a demo i can just say : you have another supporter!

Demo is very good, I thougt that bartender was joking with George
when telling him he knows a lot about the Templars but in BS surprises are common [smilie=blink2.gif] so i do't mind it.
There are some tips i would recommend on making it better ( I played BS1 more than 7 times so i know i can help) but first i have to see did anyone write that already on forums because i don't want to repeat what is known.
Andre

Postby SMak » 14. October 2006, 01:46

Ya, this demo is just amazing. The german voice sounded more professoinal than the english one (even if i couldn't understand it). If they made this game with english voices and produced it in the USA it be a dream come true. [smilie=coolgun.gif] , lol. I could play this demo over and over. First time Germans were cool lol just kidding [smilie=angle.gif]
SMak

Postby elbanditos » 11. November 2006, 18:58

omg [smilie=coolp.gif] , fantastic job =)... Broken Sword 2.5 is that what tigers like best =)

btw: What about a Polish language version of this site???
<a href="http://speedcorner.pl">Speed-Corner - Polish unique e-zin about motorization</a>
elbanditos

Postby Tooms » 12. November 2006, 20:52

I'm working on the polish website. Yeah... I know that I'm working slowly, but the site will be back soon. :-)
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Return to News-Kommentare