No sign of the English voice pack?

Allgemeine oder spezielle Fragen zum Projekt.
Broken Sword 2.5: General or specific questions.

No sign of the English voice pack?

Postby blablabla » 8. March 2010, 17:28

Hi,

Lately I have been checking out the website so many times to see if there was any update about the English voice pack that should have been released in February?! No sign yet though :(

Could any of the staff members give some more detailed information when we really can expect it?
We all know you guys are working hard on it.. so I am hoping that one of you guys can point out when all of your fans (including me :P) can expect the voice pack [smilie=ziped.gif]

Thanks!! [smilie=thumbup.gif]
blablabla
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: 4

Re: No sign of the English voice pack?

Postby lastninja » 10. March 2010, 15:05

yes please guys :( i think they NOT so hard at work :(
lastninja
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: all

Postby Prrmjau » 10. March 2010, 16:48

We all know that you guys are doing this on your own time and all, and I think I speak for all of us Non-German speaking fans out there when I say that we really do appreciate the amount of work the BS2.5 team has put in to the product.

However, to declare a release date for the English version in February, and miss the deadline and then fail to inform everybody who's waiting for the English language pack why the deadline was missed isn't really fair to all of us waiting for the completion of the English version, now is it?

I think it's long overdue to inform us all on what's going on, where's the English version? Is it done? And when can we expect it to be ready for download?

Kind Regards
Prrmjau
Prrmjau

Played Broken Sword games: 1-2

Postby lastninja » 20. March 2010, 05:52

Well my mother 2 months ago was diagnosed with advanced stage IV cancer in lung & brain, so this has personally stopped me from many internet things I used to do - perhaps something full on like this has happened to one or more of the dev team. It is a chaotic world and free video games are hard to produce!! So I can understand delays completely, but would like to hear the reason if possible.
lastninja
Knappe

Postby lastninja » 23. March 2010, 20:48

I played it and beat very quickly, with subtitles. The translations are quite off sometimes!! Phial?! "Bad-Lung-Cause" thing??
lastninja
Knappe

Postby Tooms » 6. June 2010, 13:18

The last lines are cut these hours. The release is near.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Played Broken Sword games: 1-3

Postby blablabla » 6. June 2010, 16:39

Tooms wrote:The last lines are cut these hours. The release is near.

Wooohoo [smilie=wohow.gif]

So we can expect it today or this week :D
blablabla
Knappe

Postby 616e6f6e » 7. June 2010, 20:20

This is the best news I've heard all year :D
616e6f6e

Postby blablabla » 21. June 2010, 15:35

or not [smilie=dozey.gif]
blablabla
Knappe

Postby Pazma » 8. July 2010, 09:53

I can't believe how impatient and rude these people are being when they're going to get a FREE game!
I'm very sorry to hear about your family troubles and I hope everything will be O.K. in future. You guys get the game out whenever you can, I'm just happy to play it. From the screenshots I've seen it looks like you're doing a great job. [smilie=thumbup.gif]
Keep up the good work and remember, there's no rush.

Thank you,

Pazma
Pazma

Played Broken Sword games: All

Postby frogbrains » 8. July 2010, 17:12

Pazma wrote:I can't believe how impatient and rude these people are being when they're going to get a FREE game!
I'm very sorry to hear about your family troubles and I hope everything will be O.K. in future. You guys get the game out whenever you can, I'm just happy to play it. From the screenshots I've seen it looks like you're doing a great job. [smilie=thumbup.gif]
Keep up the good work and remember, there's no rush.

Thank you,

Pazma

The game has already been released, it's just the English voice pack we're waiting for now. It's just getting a bit frustrating because Tooms claimed that they had completely finished cutting and editing all the audio, it's just they haven't been uploaded yet. He announced that 20-ish days ago.

But you are right, it is a free game, so we shouldn't push them to get stuff done.
frogbrains
Knappe

Postby Tooms » 5. August 2010, 20:44

We are facing some technical and content-based issues at the moment. It's frustrating for us as well, but we're still working on fixing these problems.
Tooms
Sebastian Nisi
Sebastian Nisi

Postby dpolsrod » 5. August 2010, 23:42

Tooms wrote:We are facing some technical and content-based issues at the moment. It's frustrating for us as well, but we're still working on fixing these problems.

Sad to hear, Tooms.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :-)

frogbrains wrote:The game has already been released, it's just the English voice pack we're waiting for now. It's just getting a bit frustrating because Tooms claimed that they had completely finished cutting and editing all the audio, it's just they haven't been uploaded yet. He announced that 20-ish days ago.

But you are right, it is a free game, so we shouldn't push them to get stuff done.

You know, I think it's weird that you say that we shouldn't push them and then just 4 days later start this topic.
I suggest you just be patient and be happy they're still working on it and making sure it will be of the quality we deserve.
It's guaranteed to be more to it than just uploading the audio.
It that was all they had to do, they would already have done it.

Logic and Reason - They're not that hard to use. ;-)
dpolsrod

Postby RomanAllOver » 7. August 2010, 18:41

Hi,
Well done, awesome game, great locations, really was great to play even with German Voices and English subs. Best free game I have played for ages.

The developers always want the best for us, but the best is not always possible. Unfortunately, there work and spare time is too unpredictable things happen in there lives as they do in our lives such as unforeseen circumstances and they also have personal lives to live besides trying to make us happy.
I have emailed some of the team and was informed on 27th June 2010 that the English files are all cut. It now depends on the programmers, when the language pack will be released.

When I heard this it was a nice surprise to know that something was happening. [smilie=thumbup.gif]

Since then I emailed again as I had a problem, I couldn't access log on to this forum.
I received a reply from TOOMS on 7th August 2010 that my problem was fixed and also in the reply was the following:

Regarding the English voices all I can say is they're fully cut, but we realised some issues with the content. It's hard to tell, but we need some more time to fix this.

So as you can see the team is working so be patient and we will benefit in the end.

Now on to play Broken Sword 4 The Angel of Death.

[smilie=thanks.gif] Sebastian Nisi alias TOOMS

Regards Roman [smilie=cool.gif]
RomanAllOver

Played Broken Sword games: All+2.5

Postby The Talking Goat » 9. August 2010, 23:48

Is this any closer to completion than the last time someone asked? I'm not being pushy, I just want to know :) This game is great, and the preveiw of the English voices sounds pretty close to the real ones, should be good huh?
[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2548/talkinggoat.jpg[/img]
The Talking Goat
Knappe

Played Broken Sword games: All 6

Postby Audiomaster » 18. September 2010, 00:42

A little bit of patience, guys and gals!
I know that they are really working on it!
Audiomaster
Michael Rother
Michael Rother

Postby BluArtistEyes » 21. September 2010, 10:48

alright thanks guys, can't wait for the English voice pack update, I looked at the game as is and played it a bit it looks very cool and the interface is done nicely and very friendly to those of us used to broken swords normal style, nicely done see no annoying glitches yet. Again thanks for all the hard work and hope you release the audio pack I'm waiting for soon, good luck with it.
BluArtistEyes

Played Broken Sword games: Every 1

Postby RomanAllOver » 5. October 2010, 10:19

Hi all fans,
I got an email from TOOMS letting me know that the English Voice Pack will be out on 18th October 2010. [smilie=thumbup.gif]

On the official web site the message below was posted:

Right. We finally did it. All voices are recorded and all files are already cut, just some of them need final adjustments. Saying this we can also announce a release day which will be the 18th October. Today is our game's second birthday, so we hope this is a little birthday present from the mindFactory team to all non German fans out there. Just in case you didn't know: our game includes subtitles in various languages including the one's mentioned in the news entry below. On 18th October we also add French to that list. So stay tuned and spread the word!

This is great news and happy birthday to the team. [smilie=king.gif] [smilie=nar.gif] We wish all of you well and thanks for a great game.

Also [smilie=thanks.gif] Sebastian Nisi alias TOOMS

Regards Roman [smilie=cool.gif]
RomanAllOver

Played Broken Sword games: All+2.5

Return to Baphomets Fluch 2.5