Tools for animation and drawing

Allgemeine oder spezielle Fragen zum Projekt.
Broken Sword 2.5: General or specific questions.

Tools for animation and drawing

Postby silf » 1. October 2012, 21:37

Hi guys!

You created the great game, thank you for that.

I going to implement adventure game for my diploma work. So, could you please suggest a tools which you used for animation/drawing and etc? Looks like that you used Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Am I right? Did you use vector format for animation and raster pictures for background?

Thanks,
Alexander
silf

Played Broken Sword games: all

Re: Tools for animation and drawing

Postby daJoe » 28. January 2013, 09:52

Hi Alexander,

as I did some of the animations, I can tell you how I did them, but in the end, you should use what you are used to.
I used a drawing tool for doing the sketches with a tablet. something with a lyer option is very useful, and I suppose necessary. I used Art Rage 3.
Then I redid the pictures in Macrmedia Flash MX, which is quite old, bute does the trick. Because it has the otion to play the scenes and you can do simple animations directly in flash. Export all the scenes as pngs.

But you could actually choose very different programs.

Best,
daJoe
daJoe
Johannes Reim
Johannes Reim

Played Broken Sword games: 1 2 3

Postby richardsfowler » 22. July 2022, 12:16

daJoe wrote:Hi Alexander,

as I did some of the animations, I can tell you how I did them, but in the end, you should use what you are used to.
I used a drawing tool for doing the sketches with a tablet. something with a lyer option is very useful, and I suppose necessary. I used Art Rage 3.
Then I redid the pictures in Macrmedia Flash MX, which is quite old, bute does the trick. Because it has the otion to play the scenes and you can do simple animations directly in flash. Export all the scenes as pngs.

But you could actually choose very different programs.
my website
Best,
daJoe

Very helpful! I am also currently working on the same work. Thanks for the tips.
richardsfowler

Played Broken Sword games: 2

Postby Killersmile12 » 27. August 2022, 12:31

great site i love it keep posting more painting contractors boise id
Killersmile12

Return to Baphomets Fluch 2.5